20 April, 2011

My Book Cover Design

"James and the Giant Peach" is written for children by Roald Dahl. The content of this story is about a little James. After his parent are eaten by angry rhinoceros, he moved to live with his horrible aunts, Sponge and Spiker. Poor James is miserable, until something peculiar happens and he find himself into the Giant Peach World. The most wonderful and extraordinary journey he could ever IMAGINE...

My cover design of this book
 
no.1
Combine the small elements such as ladybug, worm, empire building and text. Besides some characters around the peach in order to show the "Peach World". 

no.2
I try to interpret the adventure story. I put all characters on the peach and show how they cooperate to achieve their goal. 

no.3
Combine no.1 and 2

1 comment:

kiplingooo said...

I like no.1~~~
It makes me want to find out the Giant Peach World.
But where is little James on cover??

no.2 & no.3
the little James looks cute.
Could you invite him to the cover of no.1 ??
please~~~